Fitness Instructor Cindy Sullivan is using Zoom to teach virtual Fitness with Cindy classes to BHV members! Cindy will lead registrants through a variety of exercises for overall fitness during 50-minute classes Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:00 a.m. BHV members only. $7 per class.
How it works:
1. Get acquainted with Zoom. Jump to the last section for Zoom set-up instructions & ways to get help.***
2. Email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you would like to participate in “Zoom Fitness w/ Cindy” sessions.
3. Receive a Zoom link. If you're on the list of participants, you will receive the Zoom link each Sunday for all the week's classes. You may choose which classes you would like to attend. No need to RSVP.
4. Get on Zoom! Just before class, from your Zoom-ready computer or device, simply click on the Zoom link in the email. Cindy will then show up on your screen, along with everyone else who is participating.
5. Get Tech Help. Trouble? BHV staff and volunteers will be available to talk with you after if you have trouble accessing the virtual session, so you'll be ready the next time. Email email@example.com for help.
6. Provide Feedback. Once the session is over, you may provide feedback to Cindy.
7. Help members. If you are comfortable using Zoom, consider helping other BHV members join in the fun and stay active and connected.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
***Get acquainted with Zoom.
The steps to participating are fairly straightforward and BHV is here to help if you have any trouble. First, you need the right kind of equipment. To get the full audio and video effect of Zoom, you need:
a computer (Mac or PC) with a connected camera, a smartphone, or a tablet. If you can take a selfie on your phone or tablet you have a camera. You probably have one if you have a laptop -- it’s the little pinhole above the screen. A PC or Mac may have one in the monitor or there may be a separate camera: if you can do Facetime or Skype with video, you are all set.
a microphone to talk into. Smartphones, tablets and laptops should already have them. A desktop PC, if it has one, is probably a standalone device. A Mac PC could have either an integrated or standalone mic. If you can talk to Siri or someone else that lives in your computer you are good to go.
If you are using a smartphone or a tablet, you need to go to your app store and install the Zoom Cloud Meeting. Once installed, open the app and sign up for a free account.
If you are using a PC, go to the webpage https://zoom.us/ and sign up for a free account. After you download and finish the installation of Zoom, you are ready to join your first meeting!
Because things can go wrong, if you have trouble or have any questions, please let the office know by email email@example.com, and someone will get in touch with you.
BHV looks forward to seeing you soon on Zoom!