March 21, 2020
Beacon Hill Village: Strengthening Our Ties
Beacon Hill Village - members, staff and volunteers - are doubling down on strengthening our ties to one another and to our community during these difficult times. This email is to let you know what BHV is doing and to invite you to help shape our future together.
What we are doing now:
- BHV is open for business. We continue to provide shopping services and rides and respond to member questions and requests. The best way to contact staff is by emailing them at email@example.com But the phones still work so don’t hesitate to call 617-723-9713.
- BHV Board of Directors has created a COVID-19 Response Team composed of members of the Board, the Executive, Program & Services Committees and staff.
- BHV is adapting. In this new world of social distancing, BHV is exploring online technologies to keep you informed, active and engaged. We are experimenting with Zoom videoconferencing for everything from committee and affinity group meetings to cocktail parties. We hope to offer programming using this tool. This YouTube link https://youtu.be/GDIh16-ZQ5E gives you an idea of how it works. We’re all thinking about how it can be used.
- We are gathering information. We are putting together information and resources on topics from food and medications to exercise and entertainment to social, cultural resources and regulatory issues.
- We are working to communicate with you effectively. Over the next week we plan to send information on the importance of social distancing, on exercise, food and medication delivery and digital programming. We’ll send it to most of you by email, but we are exploring changes to the BHV website to provide access to information without burying you in emails.
We can’t make this shift and adapt to the rapidly changing environment without you. Everyone can play a part no matter how big or how small. We are looking for more BHV members to:
- Identify digital programming – concerts, lectures, podcasts, virtual museum tours, online games to name a few – which may be of interest to BHV members.
- Help other members learn to use online tools like Zoom and determine whether their phones or computers can take advantage of the rich digital world we are likely to appreciate more every day.
- Call other BHV members to provide updates, gather feedback, check-in, update contact information, etc. This is an ideal time to update the BHV Member Directory!
We want to hear from you.
- BHV is getting the ball rolling but your input will make our output more useful.
- Tell us what you most need most right now and tell us your concerns.
- Please send your thoughts, ideas and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- And please tell us that you would like to help!
Gina Paglucia Morrison, Executive Director on behalf of
The COVID-19 Response Team – Doug Fitzsimmons, President; Karen Garvin, Vice-President and Chair of the Coordinating and Program Committees; Betsy Peterson, Board Member and Secretary; Joanne Cooper, Chair of the Services Committee; Stephen Roop, Board Member; Barbara Roop, Chair of LWEW Committee; and Gina Paglucia Morrison, Executive Director.