NEWS YOU CAN USE
April 10, 2020
BHV is actively working to bring you necessary and timely information, and launch new programs and add services. Please see this week’s updates below. If you have missed any of our earlier emails, please check this link on our website to see the ongoing list of communications from the Village COVID-19 Response Team.
THE VILLAGE IS ZOOMING TOGETHER. Many of you have already signed up for a Zoom account or are already using it.
- If you would like more information regarding joining a Zoom event, or help getting set up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have held your own Zoom event (i.e., a cocktail party, a birthday party, a dinner, a book group) consider forming a group of other BHV members with a shared interest.
UPCOMING PROGRAMS ON ZOOM:
- Monday April 13 - Coffee and Donuts with Charley at 10:00am to discuss the Second Episode of WGBH World on Fire. An email with the link will be sent out to everyone.
- Monday April 13 - Pruning Possessions, a LWEW Program led by Betsy Peterson at 3:00pm. Registration required. Waiting list only.
- Tuesday April 14 – Fitness with Cindy Sullivan at 11:00am. Links will be sent out to those on the fitness list Monday and Wednesday night. If you would like to be included, email email@example.com
- Wednesday April 15 - a BHV Seder at 5:30pm. Registration required by end of day today, Friday, April 10.
- Friday April 17 - Joan’s Zoom Tea Party at 3pm. This program will continue each Friday at 3pm. An email with the link will be sent out to everyone.
BHV PHONE TREE SUCCESSFUL, BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP! Thank you to the more than 40 members who have been reaching out and connecting with members in the BHV Phone Tree Program. Feedback from both the volunteer callers and members called has been positive. We would like to reach across the membership base, but we need more volunteer callers. If you would like to make a few (2-3) calls to members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer not to receive one, please send a note to the same email address.
CALL FOR YOUR STORIES DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS: We would like to collect member stories on how you are coping with the crisis, where you found your silver lining, how you connected with others even with social distancing, etc. We’ll share these stories in an upcoming BHV newsletter. Send your stories (a few sentences, or a few paragraphs) to email@example.com.
DUE DATE FOR TAXES EXTENDED: The City of Boston has recently joined the US and MA governments in extending deadlines to pay taxes due. Please see the details following.
CONTINUE TO SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES: Click here for a recent list of essential businesses, and whether they are open or not, prepared by the Beacon Hill Business Association. Rapid change is the norm these days. We recommend checking their websites or calling the business to make sure they’re still open. If you know of lists of businesses providing real or virtual services in other neighborhoods, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “support our local businesses” in the subject line.
FOR REBECCA CARAS DEVOTEES. Next week’s menu choices click here.
IPHONE CHARGERS NEEDED FOR MGH: MGH needs Apple phone chargers asap for COVID-19 patients.
Extra Power banks are also welcome. Please leave them in the container, behind the pillars, at 20 David Mugar Way, next to the Whitney Hotel, facing Storrow Drive. There is a cloth banner hanging on the building that says "Thank you nurses, doctors and EMTs".
Be well, stay healthy.
The COVID-19 Response Team – Doug Fitzsimmons, President; Karen Garvin, Vice-President and Chair of the Coordinating and Program Committees; Betsy Peterson, Board Member and Secretary; Stephen Roop, Board Member; Charley Davidson, Board Member; Joanne Cooper, Chair of the Services Committee; Barbara Roop, Chair of LWEW Committee; and Gina Morrison, Executive Director.