NEWS YOU CAN USE
April 17, 2020
BHV is actively working to bring you necessary and timely information, and launch new programs and add services. If you have missed any of our earlier emails, please check this link on our website to see the ongoing list of communications from the Village COVID-19 Response Team. As a note we will be transitioning this “News You Can Use” format back to the Monday BHV Weekly email starting April 27th. Familiar look, just as much good information.
LOOKING FOR VILLAGERS TO LEAD ZOOM PROGRAMS. Members are connecting with members over the Zoom platform (e.g., Charley’s World on Fire, Joan’s Tea, BHV Seder, Cindy’s Fitness Classes). We’d like to create more opportunities, but we need members to lead/host the events. Need ideas? How about movies, or crafts or politics, or just talking over lunch or dinner. You can host a one-time event, or on a regular basis. It’s easy and fun, and we know how to keep the gathering safe from outside intrusion. Charley Davidson will be providing sessions to learn how to host a Zoom event. Contact the Village at email@example.com if you would like to learn more about hosting.
UPCOMING PROGRAMS ON ZOOM:
- Monday April 20 - Coffee and Donuts with Charley at 10:00am to discuss the Third Episode of WGBH World on Fire. Link will be sent out to everyone.
- Tuesday April 21st and Thursday April 23th – Fitness with Cindy Sullivan at 11:00am. Links will be sent out to those on the fitness list Monday and Wednesday night. If you would like to be included, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday April 24 - Joan’s Zoom Tea Party at 3pm. This program will continue each Friday at 3pm. Link will be sent out to everyone.
PLEASE CONSIDER BEING PART OF THE BHV PHONE TREEE: Thank you to the members who have been reaching out and connecting with members. If you would like to make a few (2-3) calls to members, please email email@example.com. If you would prefer not to receive one, please send a note to the same email address.
SEND US YOUR STORIES OR HAIKUS DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS: We would like to collect member stories on how you are coping with the crisis, where you found your silver lining, how you connected with others even with social distancing, etc. We’ll share your stories or if you are feeling creative, your Haikus in an upcoming BHV newsletter. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to send stories or Haikus is April 29th.
GUIDELINES ON MASKS: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has now followed the City of Boston in recommending statewide (again, not requiring) that a face covering be worn when outside the home to help prevent spreading or contracting COVID-19. https://www.mass.gov/news/advisory-regarding-face-coverings-and-cloth-masks. The mask is not a substitute for, but in addition to, existing standard precautions. These include 6'-diameter social distancing, frequent handwashing, observing proper sneezing etiquette, keeping frequently touched surfaces clean, and, for the new few weeks at least, restricting as much as possible being outdoors.
FOR REBECCA CARAS DEVOTEES. Next week’s menu choices here.
- We will be printing an updated version of the Member Handbook over the next few months. Please look for a questionnaire in the mail in the coming weeks regarding the type of contact information you would like to share.
- Membership Renewals for April due by the end of the month. Please call the office if you have any questions. 617-723-9713.
Be well, stay healthy.
The COVID-19 Response Team – Doug Fitzsimmons, President; Karen Garvin, Vice-President and Chair of the Coordinating and Program Committees; Betsy Peterson, Board Member and Secretary; Stephen Roop, Board Member; Charley Davidson, Board Member; Joanne Cooper, Chair of the Services Committee; Barbara Roop, Chair of LWEW Committee; and Gina Morrison, Executive Director.